St. Valentine's day quiz
1. Who was St. Valentine? A member of the Roman Senate An emperor of Rome A Roman martyr A soldier
2. What is the love story behind St. Valentines Day? On February 14th, Valentine littered the streets with red hearts exclaiming his love for his girl On February 14th, Valentine was put to death, but left a note for his love, a jailer's daughter, signed "From Your Valentine" On February 14th, Valentine handed out flowers to all of Rome's women On February 14th, Valentine got married to his true love from childhood
3.Who is Cupid? In Roman mythology, he is the son of Venus In Greek mythology, he is the child of love In Norse mythology, he is a winged child of Zeus In Roman mythology, he is the king of other gods and goddesses
4.We associate love with the heart, but in Shakespeare’s time it was not always so. In what other organ did love reside? A) Kidneys B) Liver C) Pancreas D) Spleen
5. St. Valentine is indeed the patron saint of love, but he has many other duties. He is also the patron saint of: Actors Bee keepers Orphans Vinegar makers
6. Every Valentine's Day, which city is sent lots of letters addressed to Juliet? New York Manchester Verona
7. When did Valentine's cards become popular in the UK? 15th Century 16th Century 17th Century
8. What fruit or vegetable is often called a love-apple? An apple A peach A tomato
9. When was February 14 set aside to honor St. Valentine? a) In 1796 b) In 496 AD c) In 1400
10. How did Valentine's Day start? It originated from a Roman festival The government decided we should celebrate it It originated from America
11. The emperor outlawed marriage for young men in hopes of building a stronger military base. What did Valentine do about it? He chose to marry young couples secretly. He left the military to get married. He remained single all his life.
12. What did the Emperor do when he found out what Valentine did? He sent him a Valentine card. He had him put to death. He changed the law.
13. Another legend is that Valentine was an imprisoned man who... escaped on February 14th to get married. fell in love with his jailor's daughter. sent a box of chocolates to his mother.
1. It is love that makes the world go round. 2. Love cannot be forced. 3.Love is blind as well as hatred. 4.Love will creep where it may not go. Для любви нет преград. Любовь побеждает все. Любовь зла – полюбишь и козла. Насильно мил не будешь.