English Sandwiches and English Tea The 6th FormEnjoy English - 6Unit 3. LIVING TOGETHERSection 3. What Do British People Like to Eat?Lesson 2.
English Sandwiches and English Tea 1. Phonetic Exercise
1. Phonetic Exercise [i:] – sweet, tea, tea-break, Easter, mean, meat, cheese, pizza[ɪ] – biscuit, foreigner, tin, chips, Christmas[aɪ] – pie, slice, kind, type, like, knife[æ] – sandwich, salad, Valentine’s Day, have[eɪ] – cake, break, made, mayonnaise, plate, table[ʌ] – bun, Mother’s Day, others, lunch, discuss, butter
2. Warm up The British have a sweet tooth, haven’t they?What do we mean when we say: “The British have a sweet tooth”?What is eat-a-sweet time for the British?In what places do the British eat sweets?When do the British eat even more sweet things than they usually do?
3. Let’s Read and Discuss the Text Read the Text Student’s book page 61 Complete the Sentences Matching Exercise Answer the Questions
Matching Exercise meat sandwiches salad sandwiches meat-and-salad sandwiches cheese sandwiches egg sandwiches fish sandwiches
Complete the Sentences In England a lot of people eat sandwiches . . . . 2. You can buy all sorts of sandwiches . . . . . . . . . . 3. There are a lot of sorts of sandwiches . . . . . . . . 4. Each sandwich has . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5. English tea is very . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
What Do You Want for Dinner? What do you want for dinner?I want rice.What do you want for dinner?I want rice.What do you want for dinner?I want pizza.I want chicken.I want rice.What do you want for dinner?I want rice.What do you want for dinner?I want rice.Rice, rice,I want rice.What do you want for dinner?Rice!
Answer the Questions 1. When do the British people eat sandwiches? 2. Where can we buy sandwiches in London? 3. What sorts of sandwiches do you know of? 4. What has each sandwich? 5. Do foreigners like English tea? Why? 6. What sandwich would you like?7. What sandwich do your relatives prefer? 8. What would you like to eat now?
4. English Tea How to make a good pot of tea. 1. For a perfect cup of tea you should first warm a teapot. 2. You should put the tea – one teaspoon per person and one for the pot. 3. Pour in freshly boiled water and keep it for 4 – 6 minutes. 4. Stir well and serve. 5. You can put some sugar, milk, honey or lemon up to your taste. 6. If you prefer English tea with milk you should first pour in the milk and then the tea. Димитренко Н.В. ГОУ ЦО №1430
5. Homework Student’s book page 61 ex 35Text “How to make a cup of tea?” learn by heartExtra exercise. Watch the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=3iYJgZ7qOHw&vq=small#t=13
Английский язык: Английский с удовольствием / Enjoy English: Учебник для 6 кл. общеобраз. учрежд. – Обнинск: Титул, 2008. – 128 с.: ил.Английский язык. 6 класс. Поурочные планы по учебнику М.З. Биболетовой. II часть. – Изд. 2-е переработанное. /Автор-сост. Н.Ю. Дымченко. – Волгоград: ИТД «Корифей». – 96с.Let’s chant. Let’s sing 1. Carolyn Graham. – Oxford University Press, 1994. – 44 CD Enjoy English 5-6 Издательство ТитулCD Let’s chant. Let’s sing 1. Carolyn Graham Oxford University Presshttp://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/1720068/The-ultimate-guide-to-carbohydrates.htmlhttp://www.fotorecipe.ru/index.php?receptID=454http://www.rate1.com.ua/ua/stil-zhittja/kulinarija/764/http://cblp.rpod.ru/http://sci-lib.com/article382.htmlhttp://de.fotolia.com/id/1805144http://thoughtsfromsummer.wordpress.com/http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=OYJOdnenM7U&vq=mediumhttp://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=3iYJgZ7qOHw&vq=small#t=13